GY Type Flange Grid Coupling(GB/T5843-2003)
Grid Type Couplings are multi-piece mechanical couplings used to transmit torque and rotation between shafts in mechanical power transmission assemblies. Their design allows them to accommodate slight alignment changes that occur between connecting shafts, while also absorbing shock loads. Huading is a leading grid coupling manufacturer in China, a grid coupling supplier in China offering the latest and modern Grid Type Couplings.
Grid Coupling is widely used in metallurgy, mining, lifting, transportation, petroleum, chemical, ships, textile, light industry, agricultural machinery, printing machines and pumps, fans, compressors, machine tools and other mechanical equipment and industry shaft transmission.
1.The serpentine spring as the elastic element, the elastic strong at the same time, greatly improves the grid coupling torque, widely used in heavy machinery and general machinery.The serpentine spring special technology department, has long service life, allowing higher speed, has good ability to compensate in the axial, radial and angle
2.High transmission efficiency, start safety. Transmission efficiency of up to 99.47%, short-time overload capacity is 2 times the rated torque, operation safety.
3.Simple structure, convenient assembly and disassembly, long service life
4.Damping effect is good to avoid the resonance.
♦Basic Parameter and Main Dimension
N.m=Norminal Torque; r/min= Allowable speed of rotation;d=Diameter of shaft hole ;
Y L=Length of shaft hole; kg.m²=Rotational inertia; kg= Mass
The weight and rotation are calculated according to the combination type and minimum diameter of the Y/J shaft hole of GY type coupling.
♦Other Products List
|High Flexible Coupling||LM|
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective. To perfect our service, we provide the products with good quality at the reasonable price.
Welcome to customize products from our factory and please provide your design drawings or contact us if you need other requirements.
Our design team has experience in cardan shaft relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
Raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→ Packing→Shipping
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4.Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop the new model when there is new cars in the market.
Every step should be special test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing various series of couplings.
Q 2: Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all the customers with customized artworks of PDF or AI format.
Q 3: How long is your delivery time?
Generally it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples ? Is it free or extra ?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free.Actually we have a very good price principle, when you make the bulk order then cost of sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstance.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1 pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling ?
A: 100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure,welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
Can Rigid Couplings Be Used in Both Horizontal and Vertical Shaft Arrangements?
Yes, rigid couplings can be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements. Rigid couplings are designed to provide a solid, non-flexible connection between two shafts, making them suitable for various types of shaft orientations.
Horizontal Shaft Arrangements: In horizontal shaft arrangements, the two shafts are positioned parallel to the ground or at a slight incline. Rigid couplings are commonly used in horizontal setups as they efficiently transmit torque and maintain precise alignment between the shafts. The horizontal orientation allows gravity to aid in keeping the coupling elements securely in place.
Vertical Shaft Arrangements: In vertical shaft arrangements, the two shafts are positioned vertically, with one shaft above the other. This type of setup is often found in applications such as pumps, compressors, and some gearboxes. Rigid couplings can also be used in vertical shaft arrangements, but additional considerations must be taken into account:
- Keyless Design: To accommodate the vertical orientation, some rigid couplings have a keyless design. Traditional keyed couplings may experience issues with keyway shear due to the force of gravity on the key, especially in overhung load situations.
- Set Screw Tightening: When installing rigid couplings in vertical shaft arrangements, set screws must be tightened securely to prevent any axial movement during operation. Locking compound can also be used to provide additional security.
- Thrust Load Considerations: Vertical shaft arrangements may generate thrust loads due to the weight of the equipment and components. Rigid couplings should be chosen or designed to handle these thrust loads to prevent axial displacement of the shafts.
It’s essential to select a rigid coupling that is suitable for the specific shaft orientation and operating conditions. Proper installation and alignment are critical for both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements to ensure the rigid coupling’s optimal performance and reliability.
What Role Does a Rigid Coupling Play in Reducing Downtime and Maintenance Costs?
A rigid coupling can play a significant role in reducing downtime and maintenance costs in mechanical systems by providing a robust and reliable connection between two shafts. Here are the key factors that contribute to this:
1. Durability and Longevity: Rigid couplings are typically made from high-quality materials such as steel or stainless steel, which offer excellent durability and resistance to wear. As a result, they have a longer service life compared to some other types of couplings that may require frequent replacements due to wear and fatigue.
2. Elimination of Wear-Prone Components: Unlike flexible couplings that include moving parts or elements designed to accommodate misalignment, rigid couplings do not have any wear-prone components. This absence of moving parts means there are fewer components that can fail, reducing the need for regular maintenance and replacement.
3. Minimization of Misalignment-Related Issues: Rigid couplings require precise shaft alignment during installation. When installed correctly, they help minimize misalignment-related issues such as vibration, noise, and premature bearing failure. Proper alignment also reduces the risk of unexpected breakdowns and maintenance requirements.
4. Increased System Efficiency: The rigid connection provided by a rigid coupling ensures efficient power transmission between the two shafts. There is minimal power loss due to flexing or bending, leading to better overall system efficiency. This efficiency can result in reduced energy consumption and operating costs.
5. Low Maintenance Requirements: Rigid couplings generally require minimal maintenance compared to some other coupling types. Once properly installed and aligned, they can operate for extended periods without needing frequent inspection or adjustment.
6. Reduced Downtime: The robust and reliable nature of rigid couplings means that they are less likely to fail unexpectedly. This increased reliability helps reduce unscheduled downtime, allowing the mechanical system to operate smoothly and consistently.
7. Cost-Effective Solution: While rigid couplings may have a higher upfront cost than some other coupling types, their long-term durability and low maintenance requirements make them a cost-effective solution over the life cycle of the equipment.
In conclusion, a rigid coupling’s ability to provide a durable and dependable connection, along with its low maintenance requirements and efficient power transmission, contributes significantly to reducing downtime and maintenance costs in mechanical systems.
Limitations and Disadvantages of Using Rigid Couplings:
Rigid couplings offer several advantages in providing a strong and direct connection between shafts, but they also have certain limitations and disadvantages that should be considered in certain applications:
- No Misalignment Compensation: Rigid couplings are designed to provide a fixed connection with no allowance for misalignment between shafts. As a result, any misalignment, even if slight, can lead to increased stress on connected components and cause premature wear or failure.
- Transmit Shock and Vibration: Rigid couplings do not have any damping or vibration-absorbing properties, which means they can transmit shock and vibration directly from one shaft to another. In high-speed or heavy-duty applications, this can lead to increased wear on bearings and other components.
- No Torque Compensation: Unlike flexible couplings, rigid couplings cannot compensate for torque fluctuations or angular displacement between shafts. This lack of flexibility may not be suitable for systems with varying loads or torque requirements.
- Higher Stress Concentration: Rigid couplings can create higher stress concentration at the points of connection due to their inflexibility. This can be a concern in applications with high torque or when using materials with lower fatigue strength.
- More Challenging Installation: Rigid couplings require precise alignment during installation, which can be more challenging and time-consuming compared to flexible couplings that can tolerate some misalignment.
- Increased Wear: The absence of misalignment compensation and vibration absorption can lead to increased wear on connected components, such as bearings, shafts, and seals.
- Not Suitable for High Misalignment: While some rigid couplings have limited ability to accommodate minor misalignment, they are not suitable for applications with significant misalignment, which could lead to premature failure.
Despite these limitations, rigid couplings are still widely used in many applications where precise alignment and a strong, permanent connection are required. However, in systems with significant misalignment, vibration, or shock loads, flexible couplings may be a more suitable choice to protect the connected components and improve overall system performance and longevity.
editor by CX 2023-11-09