|Item Name||Cushioned Sleeve Bearing Coupling Flexible Coupling NBR Jaw Coupling for Pumps, Motors|
|Application||motor, pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors
|Color||black or as Customer’s Request|
5mm To 8mm (customized)
|Package||According to Your Requirements|
|Processing Method||Compression Molding|
|Service||OEM and ODM Are Also Welcomed|
|Material||Customized. Aluminum, Stainless Steel,NR,SBR, NBR, EPDM, MQ, SR etc.|
|Sample||Available. Trial Sample 7 to 20 days.|
These stainless steel shaft couplers allow you to couple 2 size shafts together. They can be used for connecting motor shafts to drive shafts, or 2 different-sized shafts. These shaft couplers have a length of 0.75″, a outer diameter of 0.42″, and couple 1/4″ to 5mm shafts.
Connect this to that with a set-screw coupler. These couplers are made of machined aluminum and have a spiral cut that makes them slightly flexible so they can be fit to 2 shafts even if they are not perfectly co-linear and will help reduce binding effects.
This coupler will connect a 5mm diameter shaft to an 8mm diameter shaft. A perfect add on for motors. Comes with 2 sets of double set-screws (two per side) for secure attachment. You’ll need a 2mm allen wrench to tighten/loosen the set-screws.
Total Number of Personnel:>350 staffs (as of June.24, 2571)
Total Production scale: >35000 square meters
Head Office: HangZhousun Rubber & Plastic Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Compression Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
Branch Company: HangZhou Mingrui Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Molds, Refined Hardware, Intelligent Automation Equipment, etc.
Branch Company: ZheJiang Yousheng New Material Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Extrusion Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
R&D and Quality Control
HangZhousun’s R&D team has more than 120 staff ,and gathers CHINAMFG and creative experts and professors.
Keeping responsibility in mind, R&D team brings multiple capabilities, supports HangZhousun keep leading at rubber&plastics industry.
R&D team forms strict management system on each project in compliance with latest world scientific standard and requirements.
We strictly emphasize on quality and management control.
Our R&D and production management follows TUV & IS014001 Environmental System.
Beyond these, Our finished products meet approval of ISO9001, IATF16949 & UL quality control system.
HangZhousun can make our products meet standards as customer’s demand like CE, ROHS, REACH, CP65, PAHS, FDA, TSCA,etc.
(IF YOU WANT MORE DETAIL INFORMATION OF OUR COMPANY AND PRODUCTS, WELCOME TO CONTACT AND CHAT WITH US. SHOULD ANY OF OUR ITEMS BE OF INTEREST TO YOU, PLEASE LET US KNOW WITH THE HOPE THAT WE MAY WORK WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE. )
Electrical Insulation in Jaw Couplings
Jaw couplings are designed to provide mechanical connection between two shafts while also maintaining electrical insulation. This feature is essential in applications where the connected shafts have different electrical potentials or where electrical isolation is required to prevent current flow between the shafts.
The electrical insulation in jaw couplings is primarily achieved through the use of non-conductive materials for the jaw components. The jaws of the coupling are typically made from materials such as elastomers or plastics, which are excellent electrical insulators. These non-conductive materials prevent electrical conduction between the two shafts, even if they are made from different conductive materials.
Additionally, the design of the jaw coupling ensures that the two shafts do not come into direct electrical contact with each other. The jaws of the coupling create a gap between the shafts, which further enhances the electrical insulation.
It’s important to note that while jaw couplings provide electrical insulation, their primary function is to transmit torque and accommodate misalignment between shafts. If specific electrical insulation requirements are critical for an application, additional measures such as insulating sleeves or shaft grounding may be necessary in conjunction with the jaw coupling.
Overall, jaw couplings are a reliable and widely used choice for mechanical power transmission while ensuring electrical isolation between connected shafts.
What are the real-world applications of jaw couplings in various industries?
Jaw couplings find extensive use in various industries due to their versatility, ease of installation, and ability to handle misalignment. Their robust design and flexible elastomer spider make them suitable for a wide range of applications. Here are some real-world applications of jaw couplings in different industries:
- Industrial Machinery: Jaw couplings are commonly used in industrial machinery for power transmission between motors and driven equipment. They are found in conveyor systems, pumps, fans, compressors, mixers, and other rotating equipment. Their ability to compensate for misalignment and dampen vibrations makes them ideal for such applications.
- Agriculture: In agricultural equipment, jaw couplings are employed to transfer power from tractors or other power sources to various implements such as plows, mowers, and harvesters. The couplings’ resistance to shock and impact loads makes them suitable for the rugged conditions encountered in agricultural operations.
- Construction and Mining: Jaw couplings are used in construction and mining machinery to transmit power between engines and equipment like concrete mixers, excavators, rock crushers, and conveyor systems. The couplings’ ability to handle misalignment and shock loads is beneficial in these demanding and dynamic environments.
- Material Handling: Jaw couplings are employed in material handling systems, including automated production lines and warehouse conveyors. They facilitate smooth power transmission in equipment like belt conveyors, bucket elevators, and packaging machines.
- Marine: In the marine industry, jaw couplings are used in propulsion systems to connect engines to propellers and other equipment. Their resistance to corrosion and ability to handle misalignment make them suitable for marine applications in various vessels, including boats and ships.
- Printing and Packaging: Jaw couplings are used in printing and packaging machinery to drive rollers, slitters, and other components. Their precise torque transmission and ability to handle small misalignments contribute to the smooth operation of these machines.
- Automotive: In the automotive sector, jaw couplings are used in various applications, including power steering systems, engine-driven accessories, and HVAC blowers. Their compact design and efficient power transmission characteristics are well-suited for automotive applications.
- Textile: Jaw couplings are used in textile machinery to drive spinning frames, looms, and other textile processing equipment. Their ability to handle misalignment and provide smooth power transmission is vital in maintaining the precision required for textile production.
- Medical Equipment: Jaw couplings are utilized in medical devices and equipment to transfer power between motors and driven components. Their compact size and quiet operation are advantageous for various medical applications.
- Renewable Energy: Jaw couplings are used in renewable energy applications, such as wind turbines and solar tracking systems, to transmit power between the generator and other components. Their ability to handle misalignment is beneficial in these dynamically changing environments.
In summary, jaw couplings have widespread applications across multiple industries due to their ability to handle misalignment, dampen vibrations, and provide efficient power transmission. Their adaptability and reliability make them a popular choice for various mechanical systems in different sectors.
Limitations and Disadvantages of Using Jaw Couplings
While jaw couplings offer several advantages, they also have some limitations and disadvantages that should be considered when selecting them for specific applications:
- Angular Misalignment: Jaw couplings are sensitive to angular misalignment, and excessive misalignment can lead to increased wear and reduced service life.
- Radial Misalignment: Similar to angular misalignment, radial misalignment should be kept within acceptable limits to prevent premature wear.
- Temperature Limitations: The operating temperature range of jaw couplings may be limited by the material used. For high-temperature applications, other coupling types may be more suitable.
- Shock Load Absorption: While jaw couplings can handle moderate shock loads, they may not be ideal for applications with severe shock loads, which can lead to increased stress and failure.
- Torsional Stiffness: Jaw couplings have a certain level of torsional stiffness, which means they may not provide the same level of vibration isolation as other coupling types.
- Backlash: Jaw couplings can have some degree of backlash due to their elastomeric element, which may not be desirable in precision positioning applications.
- Speed Limitations: High-speed applications may require careful consideration of the jaw coupling’s design and material selection to avoid issues related to centrifugal forces.
Despite these limitations, jaw couplings remain a popular choice in many applications due to their ease of installation, simple design, and cost-effectiveness. Proper selection, installation, and maintenance can help mitigate some of these limitations and ensure optimal performance and reliability of the jaw coupling.
editor by CX 2023-10-06