Rigid Conduit Couplings
The rigid conduit coupling is used to connect the electrical steel conduits together, thus extending the length of the conduit pipe. It is manufactured from seamless steel pipes according to ANSI C80.1 and UL6 standards with UL certificate number of E308290. Its trade size can be from 1/2″ to 6″. We can make the rigid conduit coupling zinc plate on both outer side and inner side. The internal surface can also be electro-galvanized completely .
Detailed Product Description
- Standard: UL6 & ANSI C80.1
- Certificates: UL Listed, certificate No.E308290 (177709-001)
- Trade Size: From 1/2″ to 6″
- Usage:Used in Rigid Metal Conduit
- Surface: Zinc plate on both out side and inner side, or hot dipped galvanzied and zinc plate on out side and zinc plate on inner side
- Material: Seamless Steel Pipe
- Package: Carton
- Delivery Time: 20 to 30 days after we receive your advance payment or copy of L/C
- Payment Term: L/C at sight or T/T
Dimension and Weight Chart
|Trade Size||Weight Per 100 pcs||Outside Diameter “B”||Minimum Acceptable Legnth”A”||Standard Carton Qty||Weight Per Carton|
HangZhou East Steel Pipe Co., Ltd is nearly about 60 years old and located in the worldly kite capital -HangZhou city in ZheJiang Province, which is about 156 kilometers far from HangZhou port. It was originated from the socialism cooperative in 1954, then developed into the state-owned enterprise, which was named as HangZhou Steel Pipe company in 1976. In 2001, HangZhou Steel Pipe company was restructured to be the private enterprise and renamed as HangZhou East Steel Pipe Co.,Ltd.
HangZhou East Steel Pipe Co.,Ltd, which occupies about 254,000 square meters, has a total capital of USD80 million and annual comprehensive output of 200,000 tons. Now it owns 800 employees, including 300 senior/intermediate engineers and professional technicians.
Now our electrical products include Rigid Steel Conduit ,Rigid Aluminum Conduit, IMC Conduit, EMT Conduit and Conduit fittings such as elbow, nipple, coupling, etc., and our products have been exported to more than 51 countries in the world, including North America, Middle America, South America, Asia, Middle East, Europe, etc. We are always appreciated by our clients for good quality and excellent services.
- Fast Facts About HangZhou East Steel Pipe Co.,Ltd.
-The largest rigid steel conduit producer in China
-The only producer of Hot Dip Galvanized EMT conduit in the world.
-The professional manufacturer of conduit accessories in China
Q1. Are you a manufacturer or trading company?
A: We are a manufacturer specializing in steel pipe related products for more than 20 years in domestic market, so we can provide products stably for a long time with lower price.
Q2.Can you provide free sample for our test?
A: Yes, we welcome sample order to test and check quality. Mixed samples are acceptable. You only need to bear the freight and the sample will be sent out within 7 days.
Q3. Do you have any MOQ limit for production?
A: The order quantity minimum requirement is a 20 GP container. As for our steel pipe product, we usually use container transport for lower freight.
Q4. How to proceed an order for product?
A: Firstly let us know your requirements or application.
Secondly we quote according to your requirements or our suggestions.
Thirdly buyer confirms the samples(if you need) and places deposit for formal order.
Finally we arrange the production.
Q5. Is it OK to print my logo on the product or the carton packing?
A: Yes. Please inform us formally before our production and confirm the design firstly based on our sample.
Q6. How to deal with the faulty?
A: We sincerely welcome you to investigate our factory and inspect the goods. Our products are produced in strict quality control system and the defective rate is low.
Also, if you have any questions or dissatisfaction, please feel free to contact us. We will serve you as soon as possible and give you a satisfactory solution.
Can Rigid Couplings Be Used in Both Horizontal and Vertical Shaft Arrangements?
Yes, rigid couplings can be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements. Rigid couplings are designed to provide a solid, non-flexible connection between two shafts, making them suitable for various types of shaft orientations.
Horizontal Shaft Arrangements: In horizontal shaft arrangements, the two shafts are positioned parallel to the ground or at a slight incline. Rigid couplings are commonly used in horizontal setups as they efficiently transmit torque and maintain precise alignment between the shafts. The horizontal orientation allows gravity to aid in keeping the coupling elements securely in place.
Vertical Shaft Arrangements: In vertical shaft arrangements, the two shafts are positioned vertically, with one shaft above the other. This type of setup is often found in applications such as pumps, compressors, and some gearboxes. Rigid couplings can also be used in vertical shaft arrangements, but additional considerations must be taken into account:
- Keyless Design: To accommodate the vertical orientation, some rigid couplings have a keyless design. Traditional keyed couplings may experience issues with keyway shear due to the force of gravity on the key, especially in overhung load situations.
- Set Screw Tightening: When installing rigid couplings in vertical shaft arrangements, set screws must be tightened securely to prevent any axial movement during operation. Locking compound can also be used to provide additional security.
- Thrust Load Considerations: Vertical shaft arrangements may generate thrust loads due to the weight of the equipment and components. Rigid couplings should be chosen or designed to handle these thrust loads to prevent axial displacement of the shafts.
It’s essential to select a rigid coupling that is suitable for the specific shaft orientation and operating conditions. Proper installation and alignment are critical for both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements to ensure the rigid coupling’s optimal performance and reliability.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Rigid Coupling for a Specific System
Choosing the right rigid coupling for a specific system is crucial to ensure proper functionality and reliable performance. Several factors should be considered when making this decision:
1. Shaft Size and Compatibility: The most fundamental factor is ensuring that the rigid coupling is compatible with the shaft sizes of the connected components. The coupling should have the appropriate bore size and keyway dimensions to fit securely onto the shafts.
2. Operating Torque: Consider the torque requirements of the application. The rigid coupling should have a torque rating that exceeds the maximum torque expected during operation to prevent failures and ensure safety.
3. Speed: Determine the rotational speed (RPM) of the connected shafts. Rigid couplings have maximum RPM limits, and the selected coupling should be capable of handling the system’s operating speed.
4. Misalignment Tolerance: Assess the potential misalignment between the shafts. Rigid couplings provide no flexibility, so the system must have minimal misalignment to prevent excessive forces on the components.
5. Temperature and Environment: Consider the operating temperature range and the environment where the coupling will be used. Ensure the chosen material can withstand the temperature and any corrosive or harsh conditions present.
6. Space Limitations: Evaluate the available space for the coupling. Rigid couplings have a compact design, but ensure that there is enough clearance for installation and maintenance.
7. Backlash and Torsional Stiffness: In some precision systems, backlash must be minimized to maintain accurate positioning. Additionally, the torsional stiffness of the coupling can impact system response and stability.
8. Keyway or Keyless Design: Decide between a coupling with a keyway or a keyless design based on the specific application requirements and ease of installation.
9. Material Selection: Consider the material properties of the rigid coupling. Common materials include steel, stainless steel, and aluminum, each with its own advantages and limitations.
10. Maintenance: Determine the maintenance requirements of the coupling. Some couplings may need periodic lubrication or inspections, while others may be maintenance-free.
11. Cost: While cost should not be the sole consideration, it is essential to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of the coupling, taking into account its performance and longevity.
By carefully considering these factors, you can select the most suitable rigid coupling for your specific system, ensuring optimal performance, and longevity of your mechanical setup.
Materials Used in Manufacturing Rigid Couplings:
Rigid couplings are designed to provide a strong and durable connection between two shafts, and they are commonly made from a variety of materials to suit different applications. The choice of material depends on factors such as the application’s environment, load capacity, and cost considerations. Some common materials used in manufacturing rigid couplings include:
- 1. Steel: Steel is one of the most widely used materials for rigid couplings. It offers excellent strength, durability, and resistance to wear. Steel couplings are suitable for a wide range of applications, including industrial machinery, automotive systems, and power transmission.
- 2. Stainless Steel: Stainless steel couplings are used in applications where corrosion resistance is crucial. They are well-suited for environments with high humidity, moisture, or exposure to chemicals. Stainless steel couplings are commonly used in food processing, pharmaceuticals, marine, and outdoor applications.
- 3. Aluminum: Aluminum couplings are known for their lightweight and corrosion-resistant properties. They are often used in applications where weight reduction is essential, such as aerospace and automotive industries.
- 4. Brass: Brass couplings offer good corrosion resistance and are commonly used in plumbing and water-related applications.
- 5. Cast Iron: Cast iron couplings provide high strength and durability, making them suitable for heavy-duty industrial applications and machinery.
- 6. Bronze: Bronze couplings are known for their excellent wear resistance and are often used in applications involving heavy loads and low speeds.
- 7. Plastics: Some rigid couplings are made from various plastics, such as nylon or Delrin. Plastic couplings are lightweight, non-conductive, and suitable for applications where electrical insulation is required.
It’s essential to consider the specific requirements of the application, including factors like load capacity, operating environment, and cost, when choosing the appropriate material for a rigid coupling. The right material selection ensures that the coupling can withstand the forces and conditions it will encounter, resulting in a reliable and long-lasting connection between the shafts.
editor by CX 2023-10-04