Rubber Spider Coupling Characteristic:
1. Performance Shock Absorber
2. Low Compression Deformation
3. Corrosion Resistance
4. Oil Resistance
5. High Pressure Resistance
6. Wear Resistance
Rubber Material Compare
|E – Excellent G – Good F – Fair P – Poor|
|Compression Set Resistance||G||G||F||G||E||G||G||F||G||G||F|
We have a fully-equipped workshop that meets ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements. All products are compliant
with FDA, WRAS, UL, RoHS and REACH standards, and meet DIN, JIS and ASTM regulations. Material report and dimension
checking report are available.
1. Quality Approvals. More than 15 years professional manufacture experience.
2. Experienced Staff and Service. Professional R&D team, production team, sales team, after-sales service team.
3. Product Performance and affordable cost. Superior performance with most competitive price.
4. Prompt Delivery. Faster delivery time.
5. Small Orders Accepted.
|Material||Rubber Metal Bonded, NR Rubber, SBR Rubber, Carbon Steel, Stailess Steel|
|Material Report||FDA, ROHS, UL, WRAS and REACH|
|Dimension||Standard Sizes or As per customers’ Requirement|
|Color||Any colors according to PANTONE or RAL|
|Surface Finish||Texture (VDI/MT standard, or made to client’s sample), polished (high polish, mirror polish), smooth, painting, powder coating, printing, electroplating etc.|
|Service||Custom Made or OEM and ODM|
|Production Ways||CAD Drawing, 3D Files or Samples|
|Production Capacity||200T,300T and 500T Compressing Molding, Injection Molding, Auto Vacuum Vulcanizing, Plastic Injection, and Extrusion|
|Supplying Capacity||One Million Pieces/ Month|
|Tolerance||Generally±0.05mm or Better|
|QC||PPAP, In House Control, Third Party Inspection Institution such SGS, TUV|
|Lead Time||15 Days for Molding, 15-20 Days for Series Production|
|Application||Industry Machinery,Automotive,Mechanical Equipment, Construction, House Application,
Grommet, sleeve, feet, gasket, wheel, bellow, cap, dust cover, pad, washer,
Strip, plug, stopper, grip, seal, bushing, bumper, blocks, and anti vibration mounts etc.
Supplying Standard and Customized Rubber & Plastic Parts
Established in 2004, Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber is specialized in providing quality customized rubber molding,
extrusion parts, plastic injection products and some standard parts.
Meeting Various Standards
We have a fully-equipped workshop that meets ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements.
Our products are compliant with FDA, WRAS, UL, RoHS and REACH standards, and meet DIN, JIS
, BS and ASTM regulations.
Parts include, but are not limited to:
Grommet, sleeve, feet, gasket, wheel, bellow, cap, dust cover, pad, washer, Strip, plug, stopper, grip,
seal, bushing, bumper, blocks, and anti vibration mounts etc.
1. What types of rubber do you use?
Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber has extensive experience in a vast range of rubber, including: Natural Rubber, SBR, CR, NBR, HNBR,
EPDM, Silicone Rubber, FPM, ACM, FK etc.
2. What types of plastic do you use?
Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber has extensive experience in a vast range of plastics, including: ABS, Polypropylene (PP), PVC, POM,
PE, PEEK, Polyamide (PA) Nylons, PBT, etc.
3. What services do you provide?
We offer a broad range of services, including, Custom Rubber Molding, Liquid Injection Molding, Rubber Extrusion, and
Rubber/Plastic to Metal Bonded Parts.
4. Why us?
4.1 More than 15 years professional manufacture experience.
4.2 Professional R&D team, production team, sales team, after-sales service team.
4.3 Superior performance with most competitive price.
4.4 Faster delivery time.
5. Perfect quality control process
5.1 Raw material inspection
All raw materials before warehousing must be tested, and the corresponding physical property report shall be issued,
and compared with the physical property report of raw materials. Only when the test values of the 2 physical property
reports are consistent, can they be warehoused.
5.2 Mold inspection
After mold development or cleaning, we will check the full size of the mold to ensure that the quality of each cavity is
5.3 Product inspection
In the process of product production, inspectors regularly inspect the semi-finished products to ensure the rationality
of the process and control the defective rate within a reasonable range.
5.4 Finished product inspection
The double inspection can ensure that the product appearance and size are 100% qualified.
Minimizing Wear and Tear on Connected Components with Jaw Couplings
A jaw coupling plays a critical role in minimizing wear and tear on connected components by providing several key benefits:
- Shock Absorption: Jaw couplings have a flexible elastomeric element between the two hubs, which acts as a cushion and absorbs shocks and vibrations. When the connected machinery experiences sudden jolts or impacts, the jaw coupling helps dampen these forces, protecting the equipment from damage and reducing wear on components.
- Misalignment Compensation: In mechanical systems, misalignment between shafts is a common issue that can lead to premature wear on components. Jaw couplings can tolerate a certain degree of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment, allowing for better alignment between the driving and driven components. This feature helps distribute forces more evenly and reduces stress on connected components.
- Resilience to Overloads: Jaw couplings can withstand temporary overloads, such as starting torque or sudden load spikes, without causing damage to the connected equipment. The elastomeric element of the jaw coupling acts as a torque limiter, protecting the machinery from excessive loads and preventing wear and tear.
- Backlash Prevention: Backlash, which is the play or clearance between mating gears or components, can cause impact forces during reversing motions. Jaw couplings offer low backlash performance, reducing the potential for impact and minimizing wear on gears and other components.
- Reduced Maintenance: By providing shock absorption, misalignment compensation, overload protection, and low backlash, jaw couplings help extend the service life of connected components. This, in turn, reduces the frequency of maintenance and replacement, leading to cost savings and increased productivity.
- Smooth Power Transmission: Jaw couplings transmit power smoothly between the driving and driven shafts, resulting in less stress on components. The torsional flexibility of the elastomeric element helps prevent abrupt torque spikes, contributing to improved component longevity.
Overall, the jaw coupling’s ability to absorb shocks, compensate for misalignment, handle overloads, and provide smooth power transmission makes it an effective solution for minimizing wear and tear on connected components. Regular inspection and maintenance of the jaw coupling are still essential to ensure its optimal performance and extend the life of the entire mechanical system.
Can jaw couplings be used in pumps, compressors, and fans?
Yes, jaw couplings can be used in pumps, compressors, and fans, and they are commonly employed in these types of rotating equipment. Jaw couplings offer several advantages that make them well-suited for these applications:
- Misalignment Compensation: Pumps, compressors, and fans often experience misalignment between the motor and driven equipment due to various factors such as installation errors, thermal expansion, or shaft deflection. Jaw couplings can handle both angular and parallel misalignment, ensuring smooth power transmission and reducing the risk of premature wear on the equipment’s bearings.
- Vibration Damping: Pumps, compressors, and fans can generate significant vibrations during operation. The elastomer spider in the jaw coupling acts as a damping element, absorbing and dissipating vibrations. This feature helps to reduce noise, extend the life of the equipment, and enhance overall system reliability.
- Torsional Flexibility: Jaw couplings provide torsional flexibility, which is beneficial in applications where the motor and driven equipment experience varying loads or torque spikes. The elastomer spider allows for slight torsional deflection, protecting the equipment from sudden shock loads and torque fluctuations.
- Compact and Lightweight: Pumps, compressors, and fans often have space constraints, and jaw couplings are compact and lightweight compared to some other coupling types. Their reduced inertia makes them suitable for applications with frequent start-stop cycles and high-speed operation.
Jaw couplings are available in various sizes and materials, allowing for customization based on the specific requirements of the pump, compressor, or fan application. The proper selection of a jaw coupling ensures optimal performance and efficiency in these rotating equipment systems.
However, it is essential to consider the specific operating conditions and torque requirements of each application when choosing a jaw coupling. For certain heavy-duty or high-precision applications, alternative coupling types such as gear couplings or disc couplings might be more suitable. It is always advisable to consult coupling manufacturers or engineering experts to select the most appropriate coupling for a given application.
Use of Jaw Couplings in Various Industries for Power Transmission
Jaw couplings are widely used in different industries for power transmission due to their many advantages, including their ability to handle misalignment, shock loads, and vibrations. Some of the industries that commonly use jaw couplings include:
- Manufacturing: Jaw couplings are extensively used in manufacturing machinery such as conveyors, mixers, and packaging equipment.
- Automotive: In the automotive industry, jaw couplings are employed in various applications, including engine-driven accessories and conveyor systems in assembly lines.
- Agriculture: Farming equipment, such as tractors and harvesting machines, often use jaw couplings to transmit power from the engine to different attachments.
- Material Handling: Jaw couplings are found in material handling equipment like forklifts, cranes, and hoists.
- Water and Wastewater: Pumps and compressors used in water and wastewater treatment plants frequently utilize jaw couplings for power transmission.
- Food and Beverage: Jaw couplings are used in food processing machinery where cleanliness, reliability, and flexibility are essential.
- Textile: Textile manufacturing equipment, such as looms and spinning machines, often use jaw couplings to transmit power from motors to various components.
- Packaging: Packaging machines and equipment benefit from jaw couplings’ ability to absorb shocks and vibrations.
- Printing: Printing presses and related machinery commonly use jaw couplings for their precise power transmission.
These are just a few examples, but jaw couplings are found in numerous other industries where power transmission and motion control are critical aspects of the equipment’s operation. Their ease of installation, maintenance, and high-performance capabilities make them a popular choice for a wide range of applications.
editor by CX 2023-10-04